It is the policy of the BYC Surgery Ltd that all complaints, however slight, should be dealt with immediately if at all possible. We hope that by doing that, satisfaction can be reached very quickly.

BYC Surgery Ltd makes its patients, each and every one, the central focus of its concern. Your satisfaction is our highest priority. However, on occasions we accept that you may not be one hundred percent satisfied. Under such circumstances we invite you to express your concerns to us, and we will make it our first priority to resolve your concerns to your fullest satisfaction.

Period within which complaints can be made

The period for making a complaint is normally:

– 12 months from the date on which the procedure took place

BYC Surgery Ltd has discretion to vary this time limit if appropriate. i.e. where there is good reason for not making the complaint sooner, or where it is still possible to properly
investigate the complaint despite extended delay.

Making a Verbal complaint:

You may make a verbal complaint face to face to a staff or by telephone on 01872 248325 or 07736 578851.

Any problem should be communicated straight away to a member of staff. All complaints however slight will be documented, investigated and reflected back to the staff. If you do not receive satisfaction, then you should ask to see the Assistant Director, Asta Talacka or Mr Ahmad.

Making a written Complaint: (Letter; Email)

All complaints should be addressed to: Caroline Fysh

Health and Wellbeing Innovation Centre, Truro, TR1 3FF,

Complaints may be received either verbally or in writing will be:

● Acknowledged within 3 working days verbally or in writing and at the same time,
● offer to discuss, at a time to be agreed,
● decide the manner in which the complaint is to be handled,
● ascertain the period within which the investigation of the complaint is likely to be
completed and the response is likely to be sent to the complainant.
● stay in regular contact with whoever has complained to update them on progress
● follow closely any agreements made – and, if for any reason this is not possible, then
explain why.

Complaints should normally be responded to within 28 days.If the complaint is not resolved at the point of service, staff are expected to provide the complainant with the formal complaints policy.

Contacts to help you with the complaint:

Citizens Advice Service

Citizens Advice provides free, confidential and independent advice from over 3,000 locations, including in their bureaux, GP surgeries, hospitals, colleges, prisons and courts. Advice
is available face-to-face and by phone.

Service Users Association

This is a national health care charity that highlights service users’ concerns and needs. It provides advice aimed at helping people to get the best out of their care and tells service users where they can get more information and advice.
Contact the Service users Association’s helpline on 0845 608 4455 or visit: www.service

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

Phone/Text: 0300 061 0614 or text “call back” to 0762 481 159 or Visit their website

Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161or email on or visit

For private health care organisations, the following independent body may provide an alternative:  https://isc